Legendary senior writer, Packers lead blogger & NFC North columnist jclombardi presents Packers "great, good, bad & ugly" awards.
1. Rookie RB Franklin--ran for 103 rushing yards.
1. WR Nelson—8 receptions for 93 yards.
2. Safety Jennings--big fumble return for touchdown.
3. Cornerback Shields--good game.
1. KR Jeremy Ross--early kickoff fumble led to Bengals touchdown. He averaged only 10.5 yards per return.
2. QB Rodgers--played poorly with two big interceptions allowing the Bengals to get back into the game and win it.
1. Offense--sloppy offensive execution--four turnovers, shaky offensive line, and poor execution in the red zone, 3rd down and 4th down areas. Their last four possessions ended in two interceptions, fumble by Franklin, and final failed drive.
2. HC McCarthy--questionable game calling, although half-time adjustments were good. The biggest bad call was the 4 and inches call. The Packers held a 30-27 lead with 4:23 left on the clock. With the ball at the Bengals 29 yard line, a field goal attempt was a good choice or short pass option. Although the Bengals stacked the front line, he sent little RB Franklin into the line. Franklin got crushed forcing a fumble turnover. The Benglas recovered getting a touchdown.