Legendary senior writer & Packers lead blogger gives great, good, bad & ugly about Packer win over Arizona.
Photo credit: Evan Siegle GBPG.
1. Packers running game rushing for 176 net yards on 39 carries averaging a solid 4.5 ypc. RB Starks finished with 61 yards on 17 carries and Green had 53 yards on 11 carries.
2. Wide receiver Randall Cobb (3 catches for 37 yards and 2 touchdowns; 29 yards on three carries out of backfield; 3 kicks for an average of 30.0 yards; and 3 punts for an average of 15.3 yards)
3. Wide receiver James Jones (4 catches for 61 yards and 1 touchdown).
1. Safety Morgan Burnett with 7 tackles.
2. Inside linebacker Brad Jones with 9 tackles.
3. LB Erik Walden who had 3 quarterback hits, an interception on a tipped ball on the Cardinals' first possession of the second half and helped to set up a Mason Crosby field goal that pushed the Packers' lead to 24-7, and a big play tackle for loss on a swing pass to Cardinals running back LaRod Stephens-Howling.
4. Punter Tim Matshay with 6 punts averaging 42.6 yards with 3 punts within the 20 yard line.
1. Early 2nd half offense & red zone offense--first three possessions of the second half, the Packers started on their 48, the Cardinals’ 17 and at the 50 yet produced only three points. The Packers were only 1 of 3 in the red zone.
2. Packers short yardage running game failing to get first down on two 3-1 plays.
1. Kicker Mason Crosby missed a 44-yard first-quarter field goal attempt wide left. He is ranked No. 32 in field goal accuracy converting only 10 of 15 field goals.
2. Injuries: LB Matthews (hamstring--out two weeks); RT Bulaga (hip injury); WR Nelson (okay).
QUOTE: QB Rodgers said, "No, I didn't throw it very well today. I threw it in the dirt and got Jordy hurt and then just was off. I just wasn't in a great rhythm. You know, I made a couple decent throws for touchdowns. But no, it wasn't one of my better games."