Legendary senior writer, Packers lead blogger & NFC North featured columnist jclombardi presents Packers news headlines.
1. Rookie RB Eddie Lacy nominated Pepsi Next Rookie Of Year! Fans, vote!
2. RB Lacy & Guard Sitton named to Associated Press’ All-Pro 2nd Team.
3. Injury Report--Packers healthy. Although outside linebacker Clay Matthews is out, the injury report looks good heading into Sunday’s game against the 49ers. Running back Eddie Lacy (ankle), linebacker Brad Jones (ankle), defensive end/outside linebacker Mike Neal (abdomen), outside linebacker Nick Perry (foot), and defensive tackle Ryan Pickett (knee) are listed as probable.
4. Fans should read the 49ers game plan is to beat the Packers.
Sometime in the first quarter, Aaron Rodgers must go down and he must go down hard. Channeling my inner Al Davis, the key this week is getting pressure on the Packers elite quarterback. Green Bay’s signal-caller is one of the most talented players in the NFL at any position. His return from a mid-season shoulder injury instantly restored the Packers as Super Bowl contenders. With that in mind and Rodgers’ play-making ability being one of his best attributes, the key for the 49ers is to sack Rodgers early and often. Putting Green Bay in long down-and-distance situations will go a long way for San Francisco to advance.
5.Packers vs 49ers playoff home game is sold out averting local TV blackout.
Michigan Packers fans ready for Ice Bowl 2!
6. Ice Bowl 2! The "Ice Bowl" Packers victory over Dallas Cowboys, the iconic game in NFL playoff history, had a -13 temperature with the wind chill at -48 degrees. In 2014, the forecast for the Packers' game against the 49ers is colder! According to AccuWeather, the high will be -5 degrees and the wind chill will be -53 degrees.