Legendary senior writer jclombardi highlights family night scrimmage.
Photo credit: On two touchdown scores, the entire offense did the Lambeau leap. AP/ESPN.
1. Inside linebacker Jamari Lattimore had a strong scrimmage. "I made a couple tackles," he said. "You'd have to ask the coaches how I did. They put me in, and I play." On the second running play, Lattimore read his keys to the right and put a good hit on James Starks after a 2-yard gain. Later, he flowed to the right again and tackled Alex Green for a gain of 1.
2. Rookie defensive lineman Jerel Worthy had an active scrimmage stopping RB Bennett for a loss on a counter play and putting constant pressure on the quarterback. He is so quick off the ball, being groomed for pass rush defensive schemes.
3. Quarterback Rodgers completed 7 of 9 passes for 150 yards and a touchdown in team drills.
4. No. 2 quarterback Graham Harrell had an up-and-down night.
5. Packers kicker Mason Crosby missed three live attempts.time With the new south-end renovations, Crosby and punter Tim Masthay, it’s changed the structure of the stadium affecting the wind pattern. “I’m glad there was a little bit of wind because we know the addition on the south end zone would make some sort of impact,” said Masthay.
6. It's surprising competitive battles for the other starting OLB across from CM3 and for the backup OLBS. Perry, Moses, and Walden are having good training camps. In family night. Perry had a couple of pressures against non-Bulaga offensive linemen. Moses looked strong too.
7. With ten minutes remaining, left tackle Marshall Newhouse left with an undisclosed injury walking off to the locker room.